I previously made the original French Sablé which was a vanilla based cookie with jelly and powdered sugar but this cookie is for all the chocolate lovers. This cookie is light and buttery just like a shortbread yet rich in velvety chocolate. If Fererro Rocher was a cookie, this would be it.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon nutella spread
- 1 tablespoon water
- nutella spread
- hazel nuts chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl sift cocoa into flour add baking soda and mix.
- Add in sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in butter and mix quickly. The mixture will appear crumbly. Work the dough as little as possible. If the dough is not wet enough add tablespoon of water, if too sticky add a bit of flour.
- Let sit in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface, making sure to flour the rolling pin as well, to 1 cm flat.
- Cut out cookies and place onto parchment paper on a cookie pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan onto cooling rack and decorate accordingly.