These truffles are so rich and divine that they are actually named after the fungus truffle; which is one of the most expensive ingredients in the kitchen. Leave it to the French to take a brown something from the ground and make it expensive, lol. Actually the chocolate truffles are named after the truffles fungus because of the resemblance in the cooking process. Lightly spiced with the third most expensive ingredient in the world, Cardamom, these will awaken your tastebuds for sure.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup each of finely chopped nuts of your choice
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together cream, cardamom, sugar and orange blossom water.
- Bring to a simmer and set aside.
- In a heat safe bowl place the chocolate chips in and pour cream mixture over. Slowly stirring with a spatula until smooth.
- Set aside until cool, place in freezer for 30 minutes or just hardened enough until it is malleable.
- Scoop into 1 inch balls and roll into nuts. Place on wax paper and freeze.
- Best served frozen as they will not harden completely through.